The NHS England Antibiotic Quality Premium Monitoring Dashboard is produced by the NHS Business Services Authority to support NHS England in monitoring CCG performance in the delivery of the Antibiotic Quality Premium. This dashboard is published monthly and reports on performance with the primary care antibiotic prescribing indicators that are defined in the Quality Premium Guidance document.
The latest data can be found in the NHS England QP Dashboard here qp-16-17-antibiotic-dashboard-sept-16.xlsx
The North East and Cumbria antibiotic prescribing guideline for primary care is available to download free of charge as an app for your smartphone/ tablet. The app will automatically update when the main guideline is updated.
To view the North East and Cumbria guidelines for primary care, go to Get Guides and select North East and Cumbria CCGs from the list of organisations. This will then appear in My Guides.
To get the app search for MicroGuide in the Apple App Store or Google Play.
This programme has been developed by the NECS Medicines Optimisation Team, using best practice guidance and evidence based reviews, and has been designed to help primary care prescribers consider:
- Strategies to help optimize prescribing of antibiotics
- Why antimicrobial stewardship is important at a personal, local and global level
This programme examines the NICE guideline recommendations on antimicrobial stewardship, specifically the actions required by commissioning and provider organisations, service managers and local decision-making groups to ensure that effective antimicrobial stewardship programmes are in place and that prescribers are supported to make changes to their use of antimicrobials where necessary.
The TARGET (Treat Antibiotics Responsibly, Guidance, Education, Tools) antibiotic toolkit, produced by the RCGP, provides education for groups of primary care staff or individual clinicians. The toolkit aims to help decrease barriers to appropriate antibiotic prescribing, change social norms around prescribing, and influence clinicians’ and patients’ personal attitudes to antibiotic resistance and use.
Please find attached the first edition of the TARGET (Treat Antibiotics Responsibly Guidance, Education and Tools) newsletter from Public Health England.
The newsletter contains information on the TARGET toolkit, audits, ‘treating your infection’ leaflets and antibiotic prescribing guidance.
Antimicrobial Stewardship: practical solutions for implementation in primary care
Thursday 19th November, Village Urban Resort, Newcastle, 9.30am – 4.00pm
In support of European Antibiotic Awareness Day (18th November) and World Antibiotic Awareness Week (16th – 22nd November), the NECS Medicines Optimisation Team are hosting an exciting and informative day of discussion and interactive debate led by national and local experts and key opinion leaders.
Content of the day:
- Key note speakers from NHS England and Public Health England
- Dr Cliodna McNulty, Head of Public Health England Primary Care Unit, Consultant Microbiologist and Honorary Visiting Professor Cardiff University
- Dr Tim Chadborn, Behavioural Insight Lead Researcher, Public Health England
- Stuart Brown, NHS England HCAI and AMR Project Lead and Antibiotic Pharmacist, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
- Choice of interactive workshops led by national and local experts, including:
- RCGP TARGET toolkit
- Behaviour change and antibiotic prescribing
- Management of UTIs in care homes and the elderly
- Management of C.difficile infection in primary care
- Expert panel discussion of key themes and questions arising from the day
Who should attend?
Anyone in primary care with an interest in antibiotics and antimicrobial stewardship, including GPs, HCAI leads and antibiotic champions, non-medical prescribers, commissioning leads, and pharmacists.
To book your place
Email email@example.com with your name, job title and organisation. Numbers are limited, so please contact us as soon as possible to book your place.