Welcome to our new re-launched newsletter, aimed at care home services across the North of England.
Medicine Matters newsletter is produced by a team of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians who specialise in supporting care homes in the management of medicines within the Medicines Optimisation team, North of England Commissioning Support (NECS) services working on behalf of Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs).
The aims of the newsletter are to:
- Provide a regular quarterly resource of information specific to medicines issues in care homes
- Deliver a short, informative bulletin that care staff find useful and educational
- Inform managers and staff in care homes of current issues regarding medicine management
- Identify and advise on commonly occurring problems regarding medicines in care homes
- Provide anonymous examples of recent “Lessons Learnt” as a mechanism for services to reflect on their practice and improve processes
- Provide access to specialist advice regarding medicines in care homes