The evidence context for all the current topics has been updated in the light of new guidance and important new evidence. 14 topics from 2017 have been retained:
- multimorbidity and polypharmacy
- psychotropic medicines in people with learning disabilities whose behaviour challenges
- safer insulin prescribing
- medicines optimisation in long-term pain
- biosimilar medicines
- acute kidney injury (AKI): use of medicines in people with or at increased risk of AKI
- anticoagulants, including non-vitamin K antagonist oral anticoagulants (NOACs)
- asthma: medicines safety priorities
- antipsychotics in people with dementia
- antimicrobial stewardship: prescribing antibiotics
- type 2 diabetes mellitus: medicines optimisation priorities
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- wound care products.
The KTT on lipid modification has been retired and replaced with advice on chemotherapy dose standardisation.