Public Health England have published detailed guidance on COVID-19 for social or community care and residential settings on the Government website.
Public Health England state that the guidance will assist social, community and residential care employers in providing advice to their staff on:
- the novel coronavirus, COVID-19
- how to help prevent spread of all respiratory infections including COVID-19
- what to do if someone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 has been in a health or social care setting
- what advice to give to individuals who have travelled to specific areas, as outlined by the Chief Medical Officer (the full list is available here)
- risk assessments for undertaking domiciliary visits or providing care in residential settings
- actions to take if staff come into contact with someone who is self-isolating or is a possible or confirmed case of COVID-19
Further information can be found on the main COVID-19 page of the Government website.