Antimicrobial Stewardship: practical solutions for implementation in primary care
Thursday 19th November, Village Urban Resort, Newcastle, 9.30am – 4.00pm
In support of European Antibiotic Awareness Day (18th November) and World Antibiotic Awareness Week (16th – 22nd November), the NECS Medicines Optimisation Team are hosting an exciting and informative day of discussion and interactive debate led by national and local experts and key opinion leaders.
Content of the day:
- Key note speakers from NHS England and Public Health England
- Dr Cliodna McNulty, Head of Public Health England Primary Care Unit, Consultant Microbiologist and Honorary Visiting Professor Cardiff University
- Dr Tim Chadborn, Behavioural Insight Lead Researcher, Public Health England
- Stuart Brown, NHS England HCAI and AMR Project Lead and Antibiotic Pharmacist, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
- Choice of interactive workshops led by national and local experts, including:
- RCGP TARGET toolkit
- Behaviour change and antibiotic prescribing
- Management of UTIs in care homes and the elderly
- Management of C.difficile infection in primary care
- Expert panel discussion of key themes and questions arising from the day
Who should attend?
Anyone in primary care with an interest in antibiotics and antimicrobial stewardship, including GPs, HCAI leads and antibiotic champions, non-medical prescribers, commissioning leads, and pharmacists.
To book your place
Email email@example.com with your name, job title and organisation. Numbers are limited, so please contact us as soon as possible to book your place.