North of Tyne APC update
- Guideline for management of erectile dysfunction in adults ≥ 18 years
- Guidelines for the use of feminising hormone therapy in gender dysphoria
- Newcastle, North Tyneside and Northumberland Guidelines for the Management of Adults with Asyptomatic Liver Function Abnormalities
- Seven Day prescriptions
- Guidelines for the management of Patients with Swallowing Difficulties
- Buccal Midazolam (Midazolam Hydrochloride 5mg/ml) – Buccolam®
- Buccal Midazolam (Midazolam maleate 10mg/ml) – Epistatus®
Advanced inhaler training workshops
NECS have commissioned the Centre for Pharmacy Postgraduate Education (CPPE) to deliver a number of workshops to healthcare professionals in North Tyneside area on advanced inhaler technique. A number of pharmacists have already completed the training and feedback has been excellent.
Why are we providing this training?
- Inhalation is the preferred route of administering drugs to patients with COPD and asthma
- Many people find it difficult to use their inhaler correctly
- Incorrect usage reduces the effectiveness of therapy
Who should attend?
All healthcare professionals with a target audience of
- Primary care pharmacists
- Secondary care pharmacists
- Community pharmacists
- Practice nurses
What are the outcomes?
- Providing healthcare professionals with a range of opportunities to undertake high quality training on the selection of and use of inhalers
- Ensuring that patients receive consistent training from all health care professionals
All sessions start at 6.30pm (for 1 hour 30 minutes)
- 5th November 2014 – Education Centre Lecture Theatre at North Tyneside General Hospital
- 19th November 2014 – Education Centre (upstairs) at Hexham General Hospital
- 8th December 2014 – Education Centre Lecture Theatre at Wansbeck General Hospital
Places are limited and will be allocated on a ‘first come first served basis’. To book please contact MO admin team on 0191 217 2756 or 0191 2172681. Deadline for booking a place is one week prior to workshop