NECS supports the NHS England Area Team Controlled Drugs Accountable Officer in ensuring the safe management and use of controlled drugs within the North East & Cumbria region. Based on the commonly reported incidents and the lessons learned, we aim to share good practice across the region.
Included in this newsletter:
- Prescription security
- Security issues for prescribers
- Security issues for practices
- What do the prescription codes mean?
- Forged prescriptions: community pharmacies
- What to do if you come across a forged prescription